Monday, December 29, 2008

Commentary By An Online Date Searcher


Saw this commentary on a dating site. I thought it's worth reading and learning from:

On Looking for a Soulmate Online:

"...I hope you have something in your lives that is even more important than the search for the compatible someone. Online dating worked well for me, but it tends to be the rare case. Get out, get active, build a better world. It is a sad commentary on the alienation of our times that so many are seeking without finding here in the internet ether. Go out and feed some hungry people; organize the workers on your job; resist the outrages of the powerful, who dare to claim they are acting in your name; in short, free yourselves! Easy for me to say, you may think: who cares, I'm happy now. But finding someone I love and who loves me is only half the story. Finding my mission in life (rediscovering it actually) completes me. Be happy for me!


On Keeping a Relationship:

...The things that make you yourself, your talents and ambitions should be important to you, definitely. But if you let someone else in, she should be important too. There's never enough time for everything, but we make the time for what matters. You are part of the world I seek to save, but of course not all of it. I think we'd have to agree on that point to get anywhere."





♥♥

No comments: